Print Thread
#9910 - 08/20/17 11:43 AM Double-click in docks stopped working  
tetsujin Offline
Mostly Harmless
tetsujin  Offline
Mostly Harmless

London, UK
El Capitan 10.11.6 on Mac Pro 5,1

This used to happen occasionally, that double-clicking an item in a dock wouldn't register the d/click. The item [doesn't matter what type] registers as selected, but doesn't action. Rick-click & select anything from the drop menu works, including Open.

I'm sure at one point that quitting & re-launching DragThing would at least temporarily re-enable the double-click, but today that doesn't seem to be working either.

I'm going to try a reboot, with & without restoring previous apps & see if one of my regular apps might be causing this... will report back...

#9911 - 08/20/17 11:47 AM Re: Double-click in docks stopped working [Re: tetsujin]  
James Thomson Offline
James Thomson  Offline

Deadly

Glasgow, Scotland
That the "Use single click to open items" option is switched on in the Advanced section of the Dock Options for each dock - that's probably it!

#9912 - 08/20/17 12:38 PM Re: Double-click in docks stopped working [Re: tetsujin]  
tetsujin Offline
Mostly Harmless
tetsujin  Offline
Mostly Harmless

London, UK
After process of elimination - & because I haven't actually changed much in the way of settings in DragThing in at least a decade ;-)

swapping to new admin account - OK
booting in safe mode & manually launching DragThing - OK
Reboot to regular account with or without 'restore apps' - no go

So I figured to look at Login Items

After process of elimination - it was Google Drive.

Swapping the load order to have DragThing load *after* Google Drive & all seems fine again.

#9913 - 08/21/17 08:26 PM Re: Double-click in docks stopped working [Re: tetsujin]  
James Thomson Offline
James Thomson  Offline

Deadly

Glasgow, Scotland
Hmm, glad it's ok, but I'm not sure why that would help!

#9914 - 08/22/17 07:07 AM Re: Double-click in docks stopped working [Re: tetsujin]  
tetsujin Offline
Mostly Harmless
tetsujin  Offline
Mostly Harmless

London, UK
It's not reproducible, unfortunately. afaik, the order in the list isn't the order they're launched any more, so that makes my 'test' little more than voodoo.
Swapping the order back now makes no difference [which my further research shows it wouldn't]

The only tentative conclusion I can now come to is the mere action of removing it & re-adding made the difference... yet that makes as much sense as shaking the chicken bones at sunset on a Tuesday with an R in the month

I'll mark it down to "who knows" & see if it ever happens again.

#9915 - 08/22/17 06:10 PM Re: Double-click in docks stopped working [Re: tetsujin]  
James Thomson Offline
James Thomson  Offline

Deadly

Glasgow, Scotland
Ah well! Who knows indeed smile

Moderated by  James Thomson 

Newest Members
Marc Sarrel, xuanjunji, wdonkinonkin, Shawnturner, cornishman33
2721 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics2,222
Posts9,236
Members2,721
Most Online859
Mar 17th, 2017
Top Posters(All Time)
Saskia 288
Jasoco 105
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 479 guests, and 15 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod